Datalist Layout spacing problems, row space

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by NancyASAP, Jun 8, 2005.

  1. NancyASAP

    NancyASAP Guest

    Just in case this is driving anyone else besides me nuts....

    I set up a datalist with Layout=Table. This caused a blank space to
    appear between rows. I got rid of this by changing to Layout = Flow.

    So far, so good. However, with Flow layout a large empty space appeared
    above my Datalist. I finally got rid of this by changing the Datalist's
    RepeatDirection = Horizontal. (Why this worked, I don't know. After
    several hours of dinking with this, I almost don't care...I think it
    stopped the generation of an extra span tag.)

    Note that my Datalist is inside a Table with one row, one cell. This is
    for my own display reasons, which I won't go into. Also, the DataList
    contains a Table, because I needed to set up the list to split one
    datasource row into several rows.

    Hope this helps someone else tearing their hair out like I was.
    NancyASAP

    NancyASAP, Jun 8, 2005