Datalist Layout spacing problems, row space

NancyASAP

Just in case this is driving anyone else besides me nuts....

I set up a datalist with Layout=Table. This caused a blank space to
appear between rows. I got rid of this by changing to Layout = Flow.

So far, so good. However, with Flow layout a large empty space appeared
above my Datalist. I finally got rid of this by changing the Datalist's
RepeatDirection = Horizontal. (Why this worked, I don't know. After
several hours of dinking with this, I almost don't care...I think it
stopped the generation of an extra span tag.)

Note that my Datalist is inside a Table with one row, one cell. This is
for my own display reasons, which I won't go into. Also, the DataList
contains a Table, because I needed to set up the list to split one
datasource row into several rows.

Hope this helps someone else tearing their hair out like I was.
NancyASAP