Dataset (ASP.net) has two datatables. is this normal?

Randy Smith

Hi,
Is it common to see two datatables within a dataset? One of them belongs to
"dbo" and the other belongs to the user who will be accessing the page.

Here is the confusing part for me: in my code behind, which datatable
should I be utilizing?

TIA, Randy

Marina

There is no answer to 'normal'. Every page is different. Every application
is different. Some applications need 1 datatable, others need 30. Who is to
say what is 'normal'?

We can't possibly be telling you which one you should be using. We don't
know what is going on.

You either need to ask the original developer (it sounds like you are
changing someone else's code), or look at the code getting the data, to see
which table gets what data, and then use the one you need.