Dataset with Errors causes InvalidOperationException in 1.1

Mark

For most of my webservice update methods which update a dataset, I usually
have ContinueUpdateOnError = true for the data adapters. When the dataset
is returned to the client, I handle the row errors appropriately.

This all worked fine in version 1.0 of the framework. However, after
upgrading to version 1.1, this no longer works. It seems that any dataset
with any errors causes a InvalidOperationException when it is returned to
the client.

I've seen few posts about this problem, but never any answer/workaround...
Is there any?

I have started building a class which I will compile with the 1.0 framework
that serves as a wrapper to WebService calls, but I would prefer not to go
this route if possible.

Thanks.
Mark.