DCOM

srijit

Hello,
I am looking for examples of simple DCOM server and client in Python
on Win 2K or Win XP. I could not find anything worth mentioning during
Google search.

I am also interested to learn whether ctypes module can be used for
writing DCOM server and client.

Best regards,
Srijit

Thomas Heller

Hello,
I am looking for examples of simple DCOM server and client in Python
on Win 2K or Win XP. I could not find anything worth mentioning during
Google search.

I am also interested to learn whether ctypes module can be used for
writing DCOM server and client.

There isn't much difference between DCOM and COM, for the server and
client programmer, at least.

Mark Hammond's "programming python on win32" explains how to set up
DCOM, fortunately the chapter containing this is the sample chapter
that's available online at
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pythonwin32/chapter/ch12.html#60057

It is still recommended to get this book.

Thomas