debbing asp.net projects on win server 2003 small business

Lee Connell

Question Title: Debugging ASP.NET application on windows server 2003
small business edition
Author: lconnell
Points: 500
Date: 04/25/2004 07:32PM PDT

I get the ole "The project is not configured to be debugged"
error message. I've been through the msdn articles on this and made sure I
have execute permissons on the virtual directory, I am part of debugger
users, vs developers, and I'm even part of administrators group. DCOM is
enabled on server and client. I am using xp professional as the client. I
even get this error trying to debug localy on the server. When I create a
ASP.NET project i set it to http://localhost/WebApplication1 and then it
comes back trying to create the project at
c:/inetpub/companyweb/WebApplication1 instead of
c:/inetpub/wwwroot/WebApplication1 and I have to change it manually, not
sure if this helps as far as finding out the solution to this. I am running
Exchange server, Webadmin for sql administration, Remote, Monitoring ASP.NET
virtual directories under Default Web Site, I also have SharePoint and
CompanyWeb running as a website.

Thanks.