Debug Problem with VS.NET - can't find answer

PJ

I'm at the end of my rope, I've tried everything I can think of and, while
the problem is all over google, no answer has worked for me. I'm getting
the following error while trying to start my web project in debug mode.

"Error while trying to run the project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server. Could not start ASP.NET or ATL Server debugging. Verify that
ASP.NET or ATL Server is correctly installed on the server. Would you like
to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this project?"

It was working fine yesterday. I am running W2k Pro sp3, .NET Framework 1.0
sp2, VS.NET 2002.
I have tried reinstalling the framework and recreating the projects. The
web application is able to run outside of debug mode. I AM able to attach
the debugger to the aspnet_wp, I am just not able to start it in debug mode.
Also, I AM able to start another web application in debug mode without
problems. I have already been through the checklist that the Help shows
concerning troubleshotting debugging problems. Every project that can be is
marked to enable ASP.NET debugging. Does anyone have any ideas?

~TIA
PJ

PJ

yes, I have...sorry, I was looking for a vs.net group but couldn't find one.
didn't know that there was a debugging group.

KathyB

PJ,

I can't help you re: debugging but I do suggest that unless there is a
reason you can't, you should upgrade to .Net 1.1. I was running 1.0
and getting error messages that made no sense, but these issues
disappeared when I went to 1.1.

good luck,

kb