debugging on separate inhouse machine

SStory

I have two machines on a local lan.

One has IIS and the other I use the vsdotnet IDE.

I need to be able to debug the sites that are on the other server--which is
what vsdotnet2003 is connecting to.

How can I set this up.

Remember both servers in house beside each other... Just a workgroup, no
domain involved.

Thanks in advance,

Shane

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Did you mean how do you get there?

In theory, you do this by going to Debug > Processes then locate the
servername, select its aspnet_wp.exe process and click Attach.

I suppose you have to be part of the workgroup and have all the permissions and
DCOM complexities resolved.

Don't forget that when you debug on the IIS machine, nobody else gets served.

--
Microsoft MVPs have a question for *you*: Are you patched against the Worm?
http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp