declare policy in Eclipse 3.3.

Eitan M

Hello.
How can I declare the policy file for Java in Eclipse 3.3 ?

Also, what is the prferable Development kit :
JDK, or JRE, and can I have some problems if using JRE instead of JDK (of
1.5.12) ?

Thanks :)

Eitan M

.... for JRE - I find the security folder, and just change the java.policy to
policy.all (the contents).
I know the above is not so good, and it is preferable to change this at
runtime (by Eclipse).
JDK doesn't have security folder, so how can I change that ?

Thanks :)

Andrew Thompson

Eitan said:
Hello.
How can I declare the policy file

'declare'? I've never needed to know the location of the
damnable policy files. Why do *you* think *you* need to
know (let alone to 'declare' them)?
..for Java in Eclipse 3.3 ?

This group does not provide Eclipse support, but
you are in luck, since it is probably exactly the
same was as for 'not eclipse'.
Also, what is the prferable Development kit :
JDK, or JRE, ...

The Development Kit would be prefererable to the
Runtime Environment for development because the
Runtime Environment can't (develop - all it does is run).

Now, why are you messing with policy files at all?
..and can I have some problems if using JRE instead of JDK (of
1.5.12) ?

Somebody that understands as little of the tools as
you seem to, is not just likely, but bound to get
some problems along the way. OTOH, most
experienced developers would be looking to use
the latest stable development kit (currently 1.6),
which can, at least theoretically, compile code
that targets VM's that range from 1.1 thru 1.6
inclusive.