    is still the one I have chosen?

    Thank you for your help.

    Vicente Soler

    vsoler, Dec 22, 2009

  2. vsoler

    Tim Golden Guest

    vsoler wrote:
    > I'm using Python 2.6.4 on Windows (Vista & 7)
    >
    > I usually start Python by clicking on Start Menu the Python IDLE
    > (Python GUI).
    >
    > However, if I want to save a new source *.py file, the default
    > directory proposed for saving is not the one that I want.
    >
    > What can I do if I want that the change of default directory
    > permanently, that is, if I quit python and I reenter it, the default
    > is still the one I have chosen?

    Change the working directory in the shortcut?

    TJG

    Tim Golden, Dec 22, 2009

  3. En Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:04:23 -0300, vsoler <>
    escribió:

    > I'm using Python 2.6.4 on Windows (Vista & 7)
    >
    > I usually start Python by clicking on Start Menu the Python IDLE
    > (Python GUI).
    >
    > However, if I want to save a new source *.py file, the default
    > directory proposed for saving is not the one that I want.
    >
    > What can I do if I want that the change of default directory
    > permanently, that is, if I quit python and I reenter it, the default
    > is still the one I have chosen?

    Right click on the IDLE shortcut in the Start menu (or create a new
    shortcut on your desktop), choose Properties, and set the Startup
    Directory to your preferred directory.

    --
    Gabriel Genellina

    Gabriel Genellina, Dec 22, 2009
  4. vsoler

    vsoler Guest

    On 22 dic, 18:22, "Gabriel Genellina" <> wrote:
    > En Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:04:23 -0300, vsoler <>
    > escribió:
    >
    > > I'm using Python 2.6.4 on Windows (Vista & 7)

    > > I usually start Python by clicking on Start Menu the Python IDLE
    > > (Python GUI).

    > > However, if I want to save a new source *.py file, the default
    > > directory proposed for saving is not the one that I want.

    > > What can I do if I want that the change of default directory
    > > permanently, that is, if I quit python and I reenter it, the default
    > > is still the one I have chosen?

    > Right click on the IDLE shortcut in the Start menu (or create a new
    > shortcut on your desktop), choose Properties, and set the Startup
    > Directory to your preferred directory.
    >
    > --
    > Gabriel Genellina

    I'll try it! Thank you