Deployed Application ASP.NET: file and web access.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Siu, Mar 7, 2005.

  1. Siu

    Siu Guest

    Hi,
    I've developped a Web application for my customer: this web application
    allows users to modify some xml file.

    The customer has deployed the web application into his domain on a IIS 5.5
    or superior: his domain/network is very complex and unfortunately I don't
    have a design. The problem that he encountered, occures only for some type of
    user; here is the problem's explenation:

    Users which belongs to the group "System Operator" and try to access the web
    application, obtain the authentication window (not right!): when they have
    authanticated, they can access the web application but they get an "access
    denied" error when the web application access a xml file.

    All other users, such as "Global System Admin" can do everything with my
    application.

    Please, help me finding a solution.
    Thanks

    Siu, Mar 7, 2005

  2. Siu

    Siu Guest

    I've forgotten to write that the authentication is integrated in Windows and
    that there isn't any impersonation; here it is my web.config for
    authentication:

    <authentication mode="Windows"/>

    <authorization>
    <allow users="*"/> <!-- Allow all users -->
    <deny users="?"/>
    </authorization>

    Besides, users (System Operator) who has probem by accessing xml file
    through my web application, they don't have any problem by accessing xml file
    directly: they can open them and also modify them, because they have NTFS
    (File System) permission.

    Please help me

    Siu, Mar 7, 2005