Deployment problem... advise?

Nestor

I'm stumped with this. I think I probably missed out something really simple
but here's my problem.

I have a really simple web application which has been working well. Recently
I added some validator on some textboxes and redeploy the entire web app
into the remote server using Project Copy...

to my surprise it's not working on the production server... i've checked and
it worked as expected on my local machine. I've built and rebuilt the
application on on debug and release version...

the application is extremely basic.. no webservices no user or custom
controls.... can anyone point out why?

DKode

whats the error message you receive? Are you running .NET Framework 1.1
or 2.0? Are you running IIS 5 or IIS 6, is it written in VB or CSHarp?

You need to provide more details before anyone can help you,
specifically a stacktrace and debugging messages.

Nestor

I'm using ASP.net 1.1 and IIS6. There is no error on the production server.
What I meant by not working is that the validator is not working. It's as if
it has never been upgrade.

It's a basic required field validator that restricts user from proceeding to
the next page unless it's filled. With the local machine it works, but with
the production machine it's as if its not there at all. No errors shown.

Any idea?

Thanks.