    128-bit encryption is a requirement to be able to continue. How should I go
    about this ?

    //Linus Nikander

    Linus Nikander, Sep 20, 2004

  2. Linus Nikander

    Brusque Guest

    "Linus Nikander" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there any way to, serverside, determine the encryption capabilities of
    > the browser requesting a page ?
    >
    > I need a way to determine if a particular client (browser) is capable of
    > 128-bit encryption. If he isn't then i need to inform him of the fact that
    > 128-bit encryption is a requirement to be able to continue. How should I

    go
    > about this ?
    >
    > //Linus Nikander

    The Servlet 2.3 spec defines a request attribute
    javax.servlet.request.key_size which should be present for all HTTPS
    requests

    Integer keySize = (Integer)
    request.getAttribute("javax.servlet.request.key_size");

    I seem to remember a problem with some Mozilla versions that reported a
    keysize of 0. Probably not a problem any more but you can also check the
    javax.servlet.request.cipher_suite attribute to be safe.

    Brusque, Sep 20, 2004