Developing a webservice simulator

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Sinex, Apr 26, 2007.

  1. Sinex

    Sinex Guest

    Hardcoding and sending soap responses...

    I need to develop a simulator for my webservice. This simulator will
    be used by the clients development team.

    Client has given me a wsdl file. My simulator has to be a web service
    itself. Simulator has to accept requests from the client and send back
    hardcoded responses. I've also been asked to use https.

    The wsdl lists out the operations. So I guess I have to make one
    WebMethod for each of the operations? Ok, so these methods will be
    called by the client and now I have to send back responses. How do I
    hard code and send responses? Do I need to send just xml or the entire
    soap envelop?

    Am just starting off with webservices so will greatly appreciate some
    guidance on this.

    Sinex, Apr 26, 2007

  2. Sinex

    Egghead Guest

    why is the problem just make the webservice and give them the dll?

    --
    cheers,
    RL

    Egghead, Apr 26, 2007