    or overlooked?

    Thanks,
    Jon

    msnews.microsoft.com, Jan 20, 2005

  2. Hello msnews.microsoft.com,
    Web services is not platform specific whereas remoting is platform specific.
    If the client and server use remoting then they are bound to .net/windows
    and are tightly coupled. Whereas SOAP based web services are not coupled
    and a java client could access a .net service and vice-versa. To answer your
    question. There is such a thing as doing web services without remoting and
    thats what the world is trying to use to solve some of their service oriented
    problems.

    HTH
    Regards,
    Dilip Krishnan
    MCAD, MCSD.net
    dkrishnan at geniant dot com
    http://www.geniant.com

    Dilip Krishnan, Jan 21, 2005

  3. msnews.microsoft.com

    Jon Davis Guest

    I finally got around to Googling it and now I understand.

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q="web services" remoting differences compare

    Jon Davis, Jan 21, 2005