Differences between IIS'es

H

H.C.Eng

Is there a document that lists the differences between IIS in Windows 2000 and IIS in Windows Server 2003? I am talking about gotcahs for people with asp pages written in Windows 2000 and now running them on Windows Server 2003.

For example, I now have a asp file with:

<!-- #include file= "../routines.asp" -->

that works perfectly fine in Windows 2000 and now in Windows Server 2003 it complains

The Include file '../routines.asp' cannot contain '..' to indicate the parent directory.

Thanks.

T

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

this is due to the tightened security in Windows Server 2003. You need to
tweak IIS metabase's 'AspEnableParentPaths' setting to allow parent
referencing to be used:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...us/iissdk/iis/ref_mb_aspenableparentpaths.asp Just search the setting from metabase.xml and set it according to yourneeds -- Teemu Keiski MCP, Microsoft MVP (ASP.NET), AspInsiders member ASP.NET Forum Moderator, AspAlliance Columnist> "H.C.Eng" <[email protected]> wrote in message Is there a document that lists the differences between IIS in Windows2000 and IIS in Windows Server 2003? I am talking about gotcahs for peoplewith asp pages written in Windows 2000 and now running them on WindowsServer 2003.>> For example, I now have a asp file with:>> <!-- #include file= "../routines.asp" -->>> that works perfectly fine in Windows 2000 and now in Windows Server 2003it complains>> The Include file '../routines.asp' cannot contain '..' to indicate theparent directory.>> Thanks.

Ask a Question