Disable "prompt me to save passwords" programaticly?

SteveSu

Hi!
I have website which prompts the user to login to get access.
I want to disable the possibility that the user is prompted to save the
password by Internet Explorer. I can do this manually by unchecking
"Prompt me to save passwords" in the Tools->Internet
Options->Content->AutoComplete dialog. But is it possible to
programaticly disable this feature in code. This cause I can´t be sure
that users webbrowser has this feature disabled. Many different users
are using the same computer (and windows login).

Hope someone can help me out.
Thanks in advance
/ Steve

Cathal Connolly [VB MVP]

I don't believe you can disable it from a webpage, withour resorting to an
activeX control, or getting the users to click on a vbs file, but you can
mark your form/fields as not allowing autocomplete. To do this at the form
level do:
<FORM AUTOCOMPLETE = "off">

and at the field level
<INPUT TYPE = password NAME = txtPassword AUTOCOMPLETE = "off">

Cathal

Hi!
I have website which prompts the user to login to get access.
I want to disable the possibility that the user is prompted to save the
password by Internet Explorer. I can do this manually by unchecking
"Prompt me to save passwords" in the Tools->Internet
Options->Content->AutoComplete dialog. But is it possible to
programaticly disable this feature in code. This cause I can´t be sure
that users webbrowser has this feature disabled. Many different users
are using the same computer (and windows login).

Hope someone can help me out.
Thanks in advance
/ Steve

WJ

Cathal Connolly said:
I don't believe you can disable it from a webpage,

Even if you can, you should not do it because you do not own yhat piece of
property.

John

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello WJ,

You certainly mean with "sub web" a IIS application??

you can't mix authentication types in the same ASP.NET Application.