    Hope someone can help me out.
    Thanks in advance
    / Steve
    SteveSu, Aug 23, 2005

  2. I don't believe you can disable it from a webpage, withour resorting to an
    activeX control, or getting the users to click on a vbs file, but you can
    mark your form/fields as not allowing autocomplete. To do this at the form
    level do:
    <FORM AUTOCOMPLETE = "off">

    and at the field level
    <INPUT TYPE = password NAME = txtPassword AUTOCOMPLETE = "off">

    Cathal

    "SteveSu" <> wrote in message
    Hi!
    I have website which prompts the user to login to get access.
    I want to disable the possibility that the user is prompted to save the
    password by Internet Explorer. I can do this manually by unchecking
    "Prompt me to save passwords" in the Tools->Internet
    Options->Content->AutoComplete dialog. But is it possible to
    programaticly disable this feature in code. This cause I can´t be sure
    that users webbrowser has this feature disabled. Many different users
    are using the same computer (and windows login).

    Hope someone can help me out.
    Thanks in advance
    / Steve
    Cathal Connolly [VB MVP], Aug 24, 2005

  3. SteveSu

    WJ Guest

    "Cathal Connolly [VB MVP]" <> wrote in message
    >I don't believe you can disable it from a webpage,

    Even if you can, you should not do it because you do not own yhat piece of
    property.

    John
    WJ, Aug 25, 2005
  4. Hello WJ,

    You certainly mean with "sub web" a IIS application??

    you can't mix authentication types in the same ASP.NET Application.

    Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
    http://www.leastprivilege.com

    Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor], Aug 25, 2005