    the buttions correctly, but the netscape wouldn't.

    I have SAMS ASP.NET UNLEASHED by Stephan Walther and his buttons wouldn't
    show up in netscape.
    Guest, Mar 31, 2006

    Mark Rae Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:%...

    >I am haveing trouble with displaying asp.net pages on my internet explorer.
    >
    > I just want to be able to run on my own computer not the internet.

    Operating system?
    Web server?
    Development software?
    Mark Rae, Mar 31, 2006

  3. 1. Do you have IIS installed ?
    You need to have installed IIS in your computer
    to be able to display ASP.NET pages in your browser.

    You need to have, at least, Windows 2000 or Windows XP Pro
    to be able to run ASP.NET.

    Which operating system are you using ?

    2. How are you calling the pages ?

    If you have already installed IIS, you must use a virtual address
    to display an ASP.NET page.

    i.e., you cannot run ASP.NET from a file system address like :
    drive:\Inetpub\wwwroot\somepage.aspx

    You must use :

    http://NameofYourComputer/somepage.aspx
    or
    http://localhost/somepage.aspx
    or
    http://127.0.0.1/somepage.aspx
    or
    http://some.IP.address/somepage.aspx

    All of those addresses will display
    somepage.aspx if it is located in drive:\Inetpub\wwwroot.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Mar 31, 2006
  4. You need to repair your IIS mappings.

    Here are the details:
    http://SteveOrr.net/faq/3in1.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Mar 31, 2006

    Guest Guest

    I have widows XP Personal. I don't know what the web server means. I used
    webex but I also used a free
    plain-text editor.

    Guest, Apr 1, 2006

    Guest Guest

    I don't know what IIS. I only have windows XP personal. not XP Pro.

    My computer name is MITCH1.Mitch1

    I might be using "localhost" is the TCP/IP name, but I am not sure how I put
    files in that directory, (or for that
    matter in my computer name directory). I have two hard disks c: and f:.
    THanks anyone

    Guest, Apr 1, 2006

    Mark Rae Guest

    <> wrote in message

    >I have widows XP Personal.

    There's no such operating system... Do you mean Windows XP Home Edition or
    Windows XP Professional Edition

    >I don't know what the web server means.

    Er, it's the application (for want of a better term) which processes the
    ASP.NET pages and outputs HTML etc to the client...
    Mark Rae, Apr 3, 2006

    Guest Guest

    I tried to repair my IIS Mappings, but I found two versions of ASP:
    v1.0.3705 adn v1.1.4322

    I ran it in v1.14322, but it wouldn't work in v1.0.3705.

    Then I tried to use www/localhost/somepage.aspx but it either displayed
    nothing or it said "cannot find server"

    Guest, Apr 4, 2006

    Guest Guest

    How do I specifiy the "drive" argument?

    Also I having problems configuring sql server for the tutorial.

    Thanks.

    Guest, Apr 16, 2006

    Guest Guest

    SUCCSES! My webex tool will run a couple of asp just by running view-> start
    in my webex tool that came with my book!

    It runs as localhost/<filename>!

    Thanks!

    Guest, Apr 19, 2006
  11. Nicolas Noakes, Apr 19, 2006