Dispalying asp pages

Guest

I am haveing trouble with displaying asp.net pages on my internet explorer.

I just want to be able to run on my own computer not the internet.

Internet explore just shows my the code.

At First netscape seemed to be a better alternative, but my Web Matrix in
design mode showed
the buttions correctly, but the netscape wouldn't.

I have SAMS ASP.NET UNLEASHED by Stephan Walther and his buttons wouldn't
show up in netscape.

Mark Rae

I am haveing trouble with displaying asp.net pages on my internet explorer.

I just want to be able to run on my own computer not the internet.

Operating system?
Web server?
Development software?

Juan T. Llibre

1. Do you have IIS installed ?
You need to have installed IIS in your computer
to be able to display ASP.NET pages in your browser.

You need to have, at least, Windows 2000 or Windows XP Pro
to be able to run ASP.NET.

Which operating system are you using ?

2. How are you calling the pages ?

If you have already installed IIS, you must use a virtual address
to display an ASP.NET page.

i.e., you cannot run ASP.NET from a file system address like :
drive:\Inetpub\wwwroot\somepage.aspx

You must use :

http://NameofYourComputer/somepage.aspx
or
http://localhost/somepage.aspx
or
http://127.0.0.1/somepage.aspx
or
http://some.IP.address/somepage.aspx

All of those addresses will display
somepage.aspx if it is located in drive:\Inetpub\wwwroot.

Guest

I have widows XP Personal. I don't know what the web server means. I used
webex but I also used a free
plain-text editor.

Guest

I don't know what IIS. I only have windows XP personal. not XP Pro.

My computer name is MITCH1.Mitch1

I might be using "localhost" is the TCP/IP name, but I am not sure how I put
files in that directory, (or for that
matter in my computer name directory). I have two hard disks c: and f:.
THanks anyone

Mark Rae

I have widows XP Personal.

There's no such operating system... Do you mean Windows XP Home Edition or
Windows XP Professional Edition
I don't know what the web server means.

Er, it's the application (for want of a better term) which processes the
ASP.NET pages and outputs HTML etc to the client...

Guest

I tried to repair my IIS Mappings, but I found two versions of ASP:
v1.0.3705 adn v1.1.4322

I ran it in v1.14322, but it wouldn't work in v1.0.3705.

Then I tried to use www/localhost/somepage.aspx but it either displayed
nothing or it said "cannot find server"

Guest

How do I specifiy the "drive" argument?

Also I having problems configuring sql server for the tutorial.

Thanks.

Guest

SUCCSES! My webex tool will run a couple of asp just by running view-> start
in my webex tool that came with my book!

It runs as localhost/<filename>!

Thanks!