DIV overlapping

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:
I can understand them or at least I try but you might agree on that it is a
different situation when ýou are writing online...
than when you are meeting someone in person....
How should you actually know whether another person who is writing online is
a woman or a man....if this person has not identified himself or herself?

It's possible and even easy - with a 90%+ success rate. Little clues in
the lingo and dialogue are enough to indicate whether the perp is a
sheila or a heila. For instance, I knew you were a guy right away.
Even a woman balsy enough to fake being a man probably wouldn't assume
the name "Luigi Donatello Asero" as a pseudonym.
It probably depends on whom you ask......
but what I meant by writing "To me it can be either a man or a woman or a
martian...."
is that in the end I am not so interested to know whether someone who
writes in a NG is a woman or a man or a Martian...
and especially if someone does not want to say that....
such things are interesting under different circumstances...

Yep, it's hard to appreciate the naked body in text. And now that I
think about it, that's undoubtedly why programs like "Lynx" are most-
praised by para-emotive tight-asses.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:

[cut]
How should you actually know whether another person who is writing online is
a woman or a man....if this person has not identified himself or
herself?

It's possible and even easy - with a 90%+ success rate. Little clues in
the lingo and dialogue are enough to indicate whether the perp is a
sheila or a heila. For instance, I knew you were a guy right away.
Even a woman balsy enough to fake being a man probably wouldn't assume
the name "Luigi Donatello Asero" as a pseudonym.

I do not agree. Women tend to use another language when they speak but it
would be quite easy for them to change the style when they write, if they
want to because they have time to do that.
Yep, it's hard to appreciate the naked body in text. And now that I
think about it, that's undoubtedly why programs like "Lynx" are most-
praised by para-emotive tight-asses.

I see a difference between meeting people in person and not doing that.
Perhaps you do not.

dorayme

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
The examples on the page do not regard the Internet (but you like movies,
don´t you?), as far as I know,
but the situation on the internet is not better at all..

If you have seen and understood what you can from watching and
hearing Harrison Ford, Marylin Monroe, Gregory Peck, Henry Fonda,
Kelly McGillis, Deborah Kerr, Michael Caine and Babe and - of
course - Roger Rabbit, you will have understood me completely.

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
If you have seen and understood what you can from watching and
hearing Harrison Ford, Marylin Monroe, Gregory Peck, Henry Fonda,
Kelly McGillis, Deborah Kerr, Michael Caine and Babe and - of
course - Roger Rabbit, you will have understood me completely.

First of all, I may have seen some of these films dubbed
that means I am not sure whether I have seen them or all of them but I have
probably seen some of them dubbed
because I was grown up in Italy and I lived some years in Germany before I
moved to Sweden
Films are usually dubbed in Italy and in Germany, not in Sweden where
subtitles are used.
Secondly, my opinion is that a movie cannot reproduce a real situation for
the viewer because a viewer cannot use all the senses by watching a movie.
To put it in different terms you can be attracted by a person for his or her
look but not necessarily by the voice
(remember that films are often dubbed) by smell (have you heard about
pheromones?)
http://www.hhmi.org/senses/d230.html
and taste. ..if it is the case of nearer relationships..
So, assuming that you had a choice
you could choose a partner who smells good for you but does not look good
according to your standards and viceversa.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
[...]

This can also be interesting on this subject
http://www.hhmi.org/senses/d210.html

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:
To put it in different terms you can be attracted by a person for his or her
look but not necessarily by the voice
(remember that films are often dubbed) by smell (have you heard about
pheromones?)
http://www.hhmi.org/senses/d230.html
and taste. ..if it is the case of nearer relationships..
So, assuming that you had a choice
you could choose a partner who smells good for you but does not look good
according to your standards and viceversa.

Well, I've tried smelly women, and, frankly, they stink.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:
I do not agree. Women tend to use another language when they speak but it
would be quite easy for them to change the style when they write, if they
want to because they have time to do that.

Anybody can do that in person, too, simply by acting. Of course it's
true that women generally _do_ have more time to plot because they don't
have to work as much as men, etc.
I see a difference between meeting people in person and not doing that.
Perhaps you do not.

Naturally there's a difference but the latter doesn't preclude gleaning
specifics about the one with whom you have intercourse of whatever kind.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:

Well, I've tried smelly women, and, frankly, they stink.

Perhaps, you do not like women...
Joking aside... every living being has a smell, roses smell as well..
but every person likes specifics smells, (and every person smells in his or
her specifical way)
so if you like women, you probably met the ones who did not smell the way
you liked.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:

Anybody can do that in person, too, simply by acting. Of course it's
true that women generally _do_ have more time to plot because they don't
have to work as much as men, etc.

Naturally there's a difference but the latter doesn't preclude gleaning
specifics about the one with whom you have intercourse of whatever kind.

Of course you can gather information of different kind by keeping in touch
on the internet.
Smell probably affects the sexual and alimentary areas. As long as we
neither talk about sex nor about food, smell matters less.

dorayme

you could choose a partner who smells good for you but does not look good
according to your standards and viceversa.
[/QUOTE]

I am working on a program that can include smells in web pages.
and as attachments to emails. Spartanicus and others will give
advice about not embedding such smells but making them optional
and leaving it to the smeller to decide if he or she wants to
smell such and at what intensity. In a way, this is just a
development of your own thesis that freedom is very important.

Luigi Donatello Asero

I am working on a program that can include smells in web pages.
and as attachments to emails. Spartanicus and others will give
advice about not embedding such smells but making them optional
and leaving it to the smeller to decide if he or she wants to
smell such and at what intensity. In a way, this is just a
development of your own thesis that freedom is very important.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is a development somehow but it is something which I have thought
for quite a long time.
However many of us might be attracted by certain scents unconsciously, if
these have a low intensity.
Does the program work with scents?
Do you like cats?
Did you observe their behaviour?

Luigi Donatello Asero

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Yes, it is a development somehow but it is something which I have thought
for quite a long time.
However many of us might be attracted by certain scents unconsciously, if
these have a low intensity.
Does the program work with scents?
Do you like cats?
Did you observe their behaviour?

I might add that scents perhaps work on the ground of genetical
compatibility
(people of the same group should be less attracted among each other)
But I think that there are several theories about how scents affect our
sexual life.
See
http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-1174.html

Stan McCann

I am working on a program that can include smells in web pages.
and as attachments to emails. Spartanicus and others will give
advice about not embedding such smells but making them optional
and leaving it to the smeller to decide if he or she wants to
smell such and at what intensity. In a way, this is just a
development of your own thesis that freedom is very important.

But does the user have control of the intensity? Is it different
between IE and FF? ...

Luigi Donatello Asero

Stan McCann said:
But does the user have control of the intensity? Is it different
between IE and FF? ...

Do you doubt whether dorayme cannot solve these little problems by working
on her program
(sorry, should I use her or his or its for a martian? Or do you have another
form?)?

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:
Perhaps, you do not like women...
Joking aside... every living being has a smell, roses smell as well..
but every person likes specifics smells, (and every person smells in his or
her specifical way)
so if you like women, you probably met the ones who did not smell the way
you liked.

Believe me, some of the women I've met smelled like the dumpster out
back of the building. 'Course that's where I found them...

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Luigi Donatello Asero quothed:
Of course you can gather information of different kind by keeping in touch
on the internet.
Smell probably affects the sexual and alimentary areas. As long as we
neither talk about sex nor about food, smell matters less.

That's brings up an interesting point. Are you into food sex? Wieners
and tacos are particularly in scope there. Unfortunately, the smell is
horrible.