dll used by another process?

Guest

Hi

When I try to do a build, I get the error

"The file 'bin\myassembly.dll' cannot be copied to the run directory. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. Could not copy temporary files to the output directory.

I've tried the solutions in the knowledge base (318785) with no luck (checking for trailing backslashes, latest service packs)
I've heard that the dll size could be the issue, mine is 360kb (pdb is3078 kb)

Thanks for any help
Stepos

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

That sometimes happens when you add a bunch of pages to a site and someone
hits it at the same time. (It is safer to stop a site before doing an
update.)

If you're really stuck, you need to restart IIS (not nice on a production
site):

Run this command from the Run box:

net stop iisadmin /y

and then