DNS server configuration in Apache James

Discussion in 'Java' started by Lokesh, Aug 20, 2003.

  1. Lokesh

    Lokesh Guest

    I have problem in configuring DNS server in james.
    To add new DNS server the doc says to add only IP address in the <!--
    DNS
    Server Block -->. Assuming "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" is my DNS server add same
    as
    shown below.

    <dnsserver>
    <servers>
    <server>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx</server>
    </servers>
    <authoritative>false</authoritative>
    </dnsserver>

    I also have DNS entry for the required system in the DNS server. When
    I do
    nslookup using following command, it returns IP of the required
    machine

    For Eg:

    nslookup <james sarver domain name> <DNS server IP address>
    nslookup machine1.world.com 10.0.20.12
    Server: ns.world.com
    Address: 10.0.20.12

    Name: machine1.world.com
    Address: 10.0.20.2

    When I send a mail from user of one James to other which is in other
    machine, I get following message from administrator:

    Hi. This is the James mail server at machine2
    I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
    addresses.
    Below
    I include the list of recipients and the reason why I was unable to
    deliver
    your message.

    There are no DNS entries for the hostname machine2.world.com. I
    cannot
    determine where to send this message.
    The original message is attached.

    Can some body help me in this regard! To start with I want to make
    sure that there is no problem at DNS server.

    Thanks in advance for the help.

    -Lokesh

    Lokesh, Aug 20, 2003