Do you need Framework 1.1 to access Active Directory objects on a Windows 2003 server with ASP.NET?

Michael

Some of our developers are having a problem making certain code work
that reads the contents of OUs in our Active Directory. It reads fine
when querying a 2000 domain controller but when accessing a 2003
server, it gets errors ranging from Item not found to "Unable to
access directory services". The second I take the 2003 server offline,
everything works fine again.

I can't really give much code detail since i work on the network side
of things, but I'd like to try and help them out since until they fix
this, my deployment of 2003 is stalled. Right now it's a low priority
item for them and truthfully, we could live for a long time with just
2000 but I really want to get some of the new 2003 features running to
make my job easier, so any help I can give them would be great.

I just had the idea that maybe 2003 is requiring changes made by
framework 1.1 and since all the ASP.NET servers only use 1.0, maybe
that changes the way LDAP queries are done?