    doesn't seem to work.

    Thanks for help.
    CS

    WT, May 15, 2006

  2. WT

    rperreta Guest

    try using the panel control.

    rperreta, May 15, 2006

  3. WT

    WT Guest

    Could you give more explanation ?
    news: ...

    WT, May 15, 2006
  4. Hi,

    Thank you for posting!

    Based on my understanding, the questions are:

    1) Is iframe allowed in design mode
    2) How to set the src property value of iframe
    3) How to display an iframe when a button is clicked in a Web User Control

    If there's anything I misunderstood, please feel free to post here.

    I think currently the Visual Studio 2005 webform designer is unable to
    render the iframe content directly in another html page or webform. But you
    can change its properties such as width, height easily using the Properties
    window.

    To set the src property of iframe, simply use the properties window to
    change it. For url path format, it's just like any other resources, such as
    "../pages/mypage.html". Unfortunately, based on my test, it seems we cannot
    use application root path "~" here, even make the <iframe element
    runat="server". And since a Web User Control will be used by other pages,
    the url path is actually related to the using page, not the user control,
    so we need to be careful about the iframe path.

    To display an iframe on demand, we can put the iframe element in a
    <asp:panel> control and we can easily change the panel's visibility to show
    or hide the iframe.

    Hope this helps.

    If there's anything unclear, please feel free to post here.

    Regards,

    Walter Wang
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    Walter Wang [MSFT], May 19, 2006