    with respect to my specific domain name and/or the registration process?

    Briefly, what role does InterNIC play in all of this?

    Thanks

    Jordan, Apr 29, 2004

  2. By charter, the registrar simply controls the domain name registration.
    InterNIC controls the master domain controllers.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!
    "Jordan" <> wrote in message
    > Suppose I register a domain name, MyDomain.com, through register.com (or

    any

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Apr 29, 2004

  3. Jordan

    Jordan Guest

    So what constitutes the physical part of "the domain name registration"?
    Is it simply that the registrar owns a database that includes my name,
    telephone, etc associated with my domain name?

    Thanks.

    message news:...

    Jordan, Apr 29, 2004