Dreamweaver 4.0 Help

Pingu

Hello there im using Dreamweaver 4.0. I have read in the manual what
im about to say but still can't fully figure it out.

Problem: Whenever I go and make a page on another PC (no internet
hook-up) then transfer the pages to the Net PC for uploading I always
have to go into notepad for example and take out the file name path
(ie C:\documents\myweb\pages\acme.html) in the example I have to
remove ":\documents\myweb\pages\" just for it to be read on the web.
Is there a way that I can eliminate this problem and just do my web
page then upload it without this problem. I read that I should
"define sites" but still seems like it does nothing, other have
recommended I upgrade to DreamweaverMX. If I don't have to upgrade I
prefer not too. So if someone could plesae help me out I would
appreciate it.

Pingu