    link is:
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sparrow/uwb/stoz.htm

    Kev
    kev, Sep 17, 2003

  2. kev

    kev Guest

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 00:09:38 +0100, kev <>
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >I have a problem with the way IE displays layer. I have layers in a
    >table, links on the left td . and the corresponding layer on the right
    >td.
    >However, IE places a big gap when I mouseover the link. If I use Opera
    >or Netscape 7, it appears flush with where I positioned the tables in
    >DW.
    >Yes it used js, but hey I am a newbie ok?!?
    >lol
    >Advice appreciated considering that most of my users use IE...
    >link is:
    >http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sparrow/uwb/stoz.htm
    >

    >Kev

    No one have an idea why IE is doing this? How can I overcome it?
    Thanks
    Kevin
    kev, Sep 17, 2003

  3. kev

    rf Guest

    "kev" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 00:09:38 +0100, kev <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hi
    > >I have a problem with the way IE displays layer.

    <snip>

    > No one have an idea why IE is doing this? How can I overcome it?

    I had a look earlier this morning but I decided that as your design in
    flawed [1] I wouldn't go any further, waiting for somebody else to tell you
    about the flaw.

    I think you have found one of the many bugs with the IE box model.
    Restructure your layout and you may avoid the bug. You may have to rewrite
    the layout from the ground up.

    [1] You are relying on javascript to present your content. This means that
    tens or perhaps hundreds of millions of viewers out there can not view your
    content. Stats suggest that 10 to 15% of viewers do not have/can not have
    javascript.

    What is wrong with a simple page hierarchy, a normal home page with links to
    normal child pages?

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Sep 17, 2003