E-commerce script desired

jfbryan

I am looking for a script (preferably Perl) that will require a
visitor to register (on a web registration page) and then be presented
with various successive affiliate website offers before concluding.

Tim Greer

I am looking for a script (preferably Perl) that will require a
visitor to register (on a web registration page) and then be presented
with various successive affiliate website offers before concluding.

Sounds annoying to the users actually, but I'm sure some exist. Were
you looking to try and hire someone to create such a product for you?
Have you looked online with your favorite search engine to see what
scripts out there might suit your needs? Were you just wondering if
this was possible?

jfbryan

Sounds annoying to the users actually, but I'm sure some exist. Were
you looking to try and hire someone to create such a product for you?
Have you looked online with your favorite search engine to see what
scripts out there might suit your needs? Were you just wondering if
this was possible?

Tim:

Thanks for responding.

Actually, I have searched script repositories without success, and, in
fact, I have encountered this functionality at some sites (only I
can't remember where). I am certainly willing to pay for this product
as I intend it for commercial purposes. But since I know it exists, I
am hoping not to have to hire a coder.

Cordially,
James Bryan

Michael Vilain

I am looking for a script (preferably Perl) that will require a
visitor to register (on a web registration page) and then be presented
with various successive affiliate website offers before concluding.

There are ecommerce packages out there, some commercial and some free.
OScommerce is the one I see offered on web hosting sites. Many of them
can be customized to work with your credit card processor. You want to
hire a web programmer to find a compatible web hosting company, setup a
site for you, acquire the software, configure it, and setup the
eCommerce stuff for you. Asking for help off news groups isn't going to
get you very far.

Tim Greer

Thanks for responding.

Actually, I have searched script repositories without success, and, in
fact, I have encountered this functionality at some sites (only I
can't remember where). I am certainly willing to pay for this product
as I intend it for commercial purposes. But since I know it exists, I
am hoping not to have to hire a coder.

You'd probably have better luck inquiring on a web development newsgroup
or a forum community that revolves around such subjects. There are
shopping cart scripts, and many web hosts offer them with easily used
interfaces to set them up in a matter of minutes, and you can always
modify them from there, but the sites you may have seen could have been
in-house, custom solutions -- though it might be common and open
source, as it sounds pretty common.

jfbryan

There are ecommerce packages out there, some commercial and some free.
OScommerce is the one I see offered on web hosting sites. Many of them
can be customized to work with your credit card processor. You want to
hire a web programmer to find a compatible web hosting company, setup a
site for you, acquire the software, configure it, and setup the
eCommerce stuff for you. Asking for help off news groups isn't going to
get you very far.

Michael:

Thanks for replying. Based on Tim's and your leads and further
research, I came across a website with the type of functionality that
I have in mind.

http://producttestpanel.com and the site claims to use "Accu Offer" as
an engine

Do you happen to know how I can adopt this for my site?

Thanks,
James

Michael Vilain

Michael:

Thanks for replying. Based on Tim's and your leads and further
research, I came across a website with the type of functionality that
I have in mind.

http://producttestpanel.com and the site claims to use "Accu Offer" as
an engine

Do you happen to know how I can adopt this for my site?

Thanks,
James

Haven't a clue. "Buy a man a fish and you feed him for one day. Teach
a man to fish..."