Eclipse and the WTP 1.0

JScoobyCed

Hi,

I have downloaded the "wtp-1.0-all-in-one-eclipse" bundle from the
www.eclipse.org website to evaluate this new version (from Dec 19, 2005)
It look much more stable than the previous WTP 0.7 release that was a
pain to use with some servers like Tomcat ( under Windows, at least).
I could follow the tutorials to create a web-application project and
configure all of my environment. The tutorial, though, is using a very
simple example of JSP+Servlet.
The probleme here is I have a much more complexe organisation of stuff.
I have 4 projects: 3 are standard J2SE projects, and one is the "Dynamic
Web Project". For compilation, there is no problem having a Project
referencing another Project. But of course, when I run the application
server, all of my classes from the other projects are not in the
application scope, and therefore there is NoClassDefFoundException
straight at the startup of the main servlet (loaded at startup of the
application server).
I have been using the Sysdeo Tomcat plug-in that provided a special
classloader ("DevLoader") that allowed to access the classes in a folder
outof the /WEB-INF folders (classes or lib).

Is there anything similar in WTP? Or how should I do if I don't want to
"jar" my projects everytimes I modify the code, and if I want to keep my
Projects in differents paths than the WEB-INF/classes ?

Thanks

Neill

JScoobyCed said:
[...]

You can try adding Projects to the Project Build Path, and add the project
under Project References in Properties. I also see where you can Open the
server from the server view, and add projects, external jars, etc. to the
server classpath from the "Open launch configuration" link.

Any static libraries will have to be added to the Server classpath, or
included in the WEB_INF\lib directory.