Eclipse and the WTP 1.0

Discussion in 'Java' started by JScoobyCed, Jan 6, 2006.

  1. JScoobyCed

    JScoobyCed Guest

    Hi,

    I have downloaded the "wtp-1.0-all-in-one-eclipse" bundle from the
    www.eclipse.org website to evaluate this new version (from Dec 19, 2005)
    It look much more stable than the previous WTP 0.7 release that was a
    pain to use with some servers like Tomcat ( under Windows, at least).
    I could follow the tutorials to create a web-application project and
    configure all of my environment. The tutorial, though, is using a very
    simple example of JSP+Servlet.
    The probleme here is I have a much more complexe organisation of stuff.
    I have 4 projects: 3 are standard J2SE projects, and one is the "Dynamic
    Web Project". For compilation, there is no problem having a Project
    referencing another Project. But of course, when I run the application
    server, all of my classes from the other projects are not in the
    application scope, and therefore there is NoClassDefFoundException
    straight at the startup of the main servlet (loaded at startup of the
    application server).
    I have been using the Sysdeo Tomcat plug-in that provided a special
    classloader ("DevLoader") that allowed to access the classes in a folder
    outof the /WEB-INF folders (classes or lib).

    Is there anything similar in WTP? Or how should I do if I don't want to
    "jar" my projects everytimes I modify the code, and if I want to keep my
    Projects in differents paths than the WEB-INF/classes ?

    Thanks

    --
    JSC
    JScoobyCed, Jan 6, 2006

  2. JScoobyCed

    Neill Guest

    "JScoobyCed" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have downloaded the "wtp-1.0-all-in-one-eclipse" bundle from the
    > www.eclipse.org website to evaluate this new version (from Dec 19, 2005)
    > It look much more stable than the previous WTP 0.7 release that was a
    > pain to use with some servers like Tomcat ( under Windows, at least).
    > I could follow the tutorials to create a web-application project and
    > configure all of my environment. The tutorial, though, is using a very
    > simple example of JSP+Servlet.
    > The probleme here is I have a much more complexe organisation of stuff.
    > I have 4 projects: 3 are standard J2SE projects, and one is the "Dynamic
    > Web Project". For compilation, there is no problem having a Project
    > referencing another Project. But of course, when I run the application
    > server, all of my classes from the other projects are not in the
    > application scope, and therefore there is NoClassDefFoundException
    > straight at the startup of the main servlet (loaded at startup of the
    > application server).
    > I have been using the Sysdeo Tomcat plug-in that provided a special
    > classloader ("DevLoader") that allowed to access the classes in a folder
    > outof the /WEB-INF folders (classes or lib).
    >
    > Is there anything similar in WTP? Or how should I do if I don't want to
    > "jar" my projects everytimes I modify the code, and if I want to keep my
    > Projects in differents paths than the WEB-INF/classes ?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > --
    > JSC

    You can try adding Projects to the Project Build Path, and add the project
    under Project References in Properties. I also see where you can Open the
    server from the server view, and add projects, external jars, etc. to the
    server classpath from the "Open launch configuration" link.

    Any static libraries will have to be added to the Server classpath, or
    included in the WEB_INF\lib directory.
    Neill, Jan 9, 2006