WTP, Axis and Tomcat

andrea.ponte

Hi,
It's the first time that I develope webservices, then I need some help
to publish .
I've develope two webservices for tomcat 4.1 with eclipse WTP 1.5
starting from two wsdl file and using the top-down process using web-
axis apache.
After develope the remaining part of code with some operation, now, I
want to publish them onto tomcat 4.1. My problem is that I dont know
from which part I must start to publish my webservices. Should I
export them with a war file and install it on tomcat?
Should I install axis before on tomcat? In wich way I set Axis and my
webservices onto tomcat?
I looking for some answer in tutorials but I didnt find something.
Can Anyone help me? Thanks in advance Andrea

andrea.ponte

Hi,
It's the first time that I develope webservices, then I need some help
to publish .
I've develope two webservices for tomcat 4.1 with eclipse WTP 1.5
starting from two wsdl file and using the top-down process using web-
axis apache.
After develope the remaining part of code with some operation, now, I
want to publish them onto tomcat 4.1. My problem is that I dont know
from which part I must start to publish my webservices. Should I
export them with a war file and install it on tomcat?
Should I install axis before on tomcat? In wich way I set Axis and my
webservices onto tomcat?
I looking for some answer in tutorials but I didnt find something.
Can Anyone help me? Thanks in advance Andrea

No One? :-(

Joshua Cranmer

No One? :-(

Don't expect replies to happen instantaneously (or even 7 hours --
especially before lunch). I'd recommend waiting at least two to three
days before you give up hope.

Mark Jeffcoat

Joshua Cranmer said:
Don't expect replies to happen instantaneously (or even 7 hours --
especially before lunch). I'd recommend waiting at least two to three
days before you give up hope.

Now it's okay to give up.

I'd have guessed that the reason is that there really aren't
very many people using that stuff-- I suppose I mean "people
who need the full-on Web Services architecture, rather than
just a servlet runner -- but a quick search proves me wrong;
the axis-users mailing list consistently gets more than 1000
posts a month.

I've written very little in the last three years besides
web applications in Java, and somehow I've completely
missed all this stuff. I've seen a web service, once, but
the company that had hired us to publish a service for
them never got their basic platform to work at all. (Come
to think of it, there was probably a valuable lesson there.)

Wallowing in my own ignorance is cool and everything, but
I actually have an application right now that spends a great
deal of time (and code) exchanging XML messages between a
client and server--even using HTTP(S) to do it. (Lots of the
clients are behind firewalls they have little control over,
and that was a simple way to cope.)

Is it likely that I've re-invented something like SOAP here?
If so, are there frameworks out there that I could adopt that
would replace a lot of my code with something better--presumably
more robust, and maybe with some nifty convenience tools?

I'd be happy to fill in details about my current application
if it would make a useful example for someone with more clue to
fill us in on how to start getting a handle (and maybe some
benefit) from all this work.