    project file just the source, libraries and pref files.

    gratefull for all your help.

    , Dec 20, 2005

  2. Roedy Green Guest

    On 19 Dec 2005 22:22:31 -0800, wrote, quoted or
    indirectly quoted someone who said :

    >I'm an eclipse newbie I used to develop all software in JBuilder. Given
    >that I am given a software with all the libraries and packages and pref
    >files of eclipse how can I start in eclipse. I dont have the eclipse
    >project file just the source, libraries and pref files.

    Presuming you have eclipse installed, look at the import feature. To
    grab source trees and put them in Eclipse's work directory.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Dec 20, 2005

  3. Paulus de Boska, Dec 20, 2005

    thanks all .. What i was able to do is import a build.xml file and
    compile. But whats more than that I need to specify the runtime
    details. This is a web applications. where do I set tha tin eclipse,
    any idea ?

    , Dec 24, 2005

    Hi all , I have tried two approaches to get the application running but
    i am stuck in loops . This is what have done and I would appreciate
    anyone's advice:

    Approach one :
    import build.xml , and compile, everything compiled successfully, but
    it was classified under 'OtherProjects not J2EE Projects'

    Approach two: create a new Enterprise application project, and chose
    the source content. Everything compiled well too, server is defined but
    I get a message " Cannot find a client that is able to launch this
    selection"

    So I figured out I have to set up a Web Client to point out the URI -
    which i didnt know where it is.

    This is an open source application composed of ejbs, servlets and jsps
    built over the struts framework ..There is no documentation with this
    application and I am a newbie have been trying to figure this out for
    more than three weeks.

    Thanks Everyone

    , Jan 14, 2006