Eclipse, Python, wxPython and code completion

leon.domingo

Hello,

I've installed Eclipse, Python 2.5 and wxPython on Ubuntu 8.04. The
problem is that I can't get code completion for wx module. I don't
know if it occurs the same with other libraries outside the python
"core".

If I compile/run my code containing the wx library, I get an
application running correctly, so it looks that definition works fine.
Obviously, the obstacle is that I don't know (I don't want to either)
the name of every method of every wxPython class so it's difficult to
develop anything within this environment.

Thanks a lot

Note: I'm a newbie-coming-from-"Billy's"-WindowsXP

SPE - Stani's Python Editor

Hello,

I've installed Eclipse, Python 2.5 and wxPython on Ubuntu 8.04. The
problem is that I can't get code completion for wx module. I don't
know if it occurs the same with other libraries outside the python
"core".

If I compile/run my code containing the wx library, I get an
application running correctly, so it looks that definition works fine.
Obviously, the obstacle is that I don't know (I don't want to either)
the name of every method of every wxPython class so it's difficult to
develop anything within this environment.

Thanks a lot

Note: I'm a newbie-coming-from-"Billy's"-WindowsXP

You can try SPE which is written in wxPython itself and has very good
code completion for wxPython. It also includes some wxPython GUI
builders such as wxGlade and XRCed. I improved it a lot for Hardy,
which I use myself:
sudo apt-get install spe

Stani

leon.domingo

You can try SPE which is written in wxPython itself and has very good
code completion for wxPython. It also includes some wxPython GUI
builders such as wxGlade and XRCed. I improved it a lot for Hardy,
which I use myself:
sudo apt-get install spe

Stani

Thanks, Stani

I will check this out

azrael

if you need a good python ide with great code completition, then why
don't you try WingIde.

Stef Mientki

Hello,

I've installed Eclipse, Python 2.5 and wxPython on Ubuntu 8.04. The
problem is that I can't get code completion for wx module. I don't
know if it occurs the same with other libraries outside the python
"core".

If I compile/run my code containing the wx library, I get an
application running correctly, so it looks that definition works fine.
Obviously, the obstacle is that I don't know (I don't want to either)
the name of every method of every wxPython class so it's difficult to
develop anything within this environment.
In the IDE I use (under winXP),
sometimes the wx dictionairy is available,
sometimes it's not.
It's totally unclear to me why this happens,
but I noticed that it helps, to import the wx library as one of the very
first import statements.

cheers,
Stef