Eclipse question regarding LOC.

El Durango

Hi I have been using Eclipse recently and was wondering if Eclipse had a
utility to count the Lines of Code for a particular project? I looked at
the Eclipse Help but did not find anything on it.
Any info would be appreciated.

thank you,
Durango

El Durango

Liz said:
use "wc" on linux

I would do that but I am not using Linux, I am on WinXP and would like it if
the IDE already had this feature.
thanks for the help anyway.

Stefan Waldmann

This will only show your total number of the java files, including blank
lines and (javadoc) comments.
I would do that but I am not using Linux, I am on WinXP and would like it if
the IDE already had this feature.

I don't think that this is an in-built function of Eclipse. But maybe
there is a Plugin which does what you want. (You could google the
keywords "eclipse plugin lines of code").

If you don't succeed in finding one, you could still install Cygwin, a
linux shell for Windows, which also has the "wc" command.

HTH
Stefan

James

Stefan said:
This will only show your total number of the java files, including blank
lines and (javadoc) comments.

I don't think that this is an in-built function of Eclipse. But maybe
there is a Plugin which does what you want. (You could google the
keywords "eclipse plugin lines of code").

If you don't succeed in finding one, you could still install Cygwin, a
linux shell for Windows, which also has the "wc" command.

HTH
Stefan

Eclipse Metrics Plugin can be found here:
http://www.eclipse-plugins.info/eclipse/plugin_details.jsp?id=191

It does follow some of Humprhey's Personal Software Process.