    Any info would be appreciated.

    thank you,
    Durango
    El Durango, Jul 19, 2004

  2. El Durango

    Liz Guest

    use "wc" on linux

    Liz, Jul 19, 2004

  3. El Durango

    El Durango Guest

    "Liz" <> wrote in message
    > use "wc" on linux
    >
    > "El Durango" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi I have been using Eclipse recently and was wondering if Eclipse had a
    > > utility to count the Lines of Code for a particular project? I looked

    at
    > > the Eclipse Help but did not find anything on it.
    > > Any info would be appreciated.

    I would do that but I am not using Linux, I am on WinXP and would like it if
    the IDE already had this feature.
    thanks for the help anyway.
    El Durango, Jul 19, 2004
  4. El Durango wrote:

    > "Liz" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>use "wc" on linux

    This will only show your total number of the java files, including blank
    lines and (javadoc) comments.

    >>"El Durango" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Hi I have been using Eclipse recently and was wondering if Eclipse had a
    >>>utility to count the Lines of Code for a particular project? I looked at
    >>>the Eclipse Help but did not find anything on it.
    >>>Any info would be appreciated.
    >>>

    > I would do that but I am not using Linux, I am on WinXP and would like it if
    > the IDE already had this feature.

    I don't think that this is an in-built function of Eclipse. But maybe
    there is a Plugin which does what you want. (You could google the
    keywords "eclipse plugin lines of code").

    If you don't succeed in finding one, you could still install Cygwin, a
    linux shell for Windows, which also has the "wc" command.

    HTH
    Stefan
    Stefan Waldmann, Jul 19, 2004
  5. El Durango

    James Guest

    Stefan Waldmann wrote:
    > El Durango wrote:
    >
    >> "Liz" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> use "wc" on linux

    > This will only show your total number of the java files, including blank
    > lines and (javadoc) comments.
    >

    >>> "El Durango" <> wrote in message

    >> I would do that but I am not using Linux, I am on WinXP and would like
    >> it if
    >> the IDE already had this feature.

    > I don't think that this is an in-built function of Eclipse. But maybe
    > there is a Plugin which does what you want. (You could google the
    > keywords "eclipse plugin lines of code").
    >
    > If you don't succeed in finding one, you could still install Cygwin, a
    > linux shell for Windows, which also has the "wc" command.
    >
    > HTH
    > Stefan

    Eclipse Metrics Plugin can be found here:
    http://www.eclipse-plugins.info/eclipse/plugin_details.jsp?id=191

    It does follow some of Humprhey's Personal Software Process.
    James, Jul 20, 2004