    something, and have all the necessary xml/wsdl created.

    Thanks,
    Peter
    Peter K, Oct 1, 2007

  2. Peter K

    Tomek Guest

    Try Eclipse STP http://www.eclipse.org/stp/
    Tomek, Oct 1, 2007

  3. On Oct 1, 12:59 am, Peter K <> wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > is there a "webservice plugin" for Eclipse?
    >
    > I would like to find a plugin where I can declare a class and its methods
    > as a web-service, and then select a menu item "make webservice" or
    > something, and have all the necessary xml/wsdl created.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Peter

    What you are trying to achieve is called Bottom-up Java Bean Web
    Service. If you have eclipse with WTP (Web-Tools Platform), you can
    click New -> Other-> Web Services -> Web Service. This will open up a
    dialog where you can select the Java Bean to be used as the interface.
    Click OK, and Eclipse will create a new web services project with the
    WSDL, stubs and the other housekeeping code. It will even prompt to
    start a server to deploy the generated service :)

    You might want to include other libraries and projects to this project
    for the code to work right (like the dependencies, etc.).

    -cheers,
    Manish
    Manish Pandit, Oct 1, 2007
  4. Peter K

    Peter K Guest

    Manish Pandit <> wrote in

    > What you are trying to achieve is called Bottom-up Java Bean Web
    > Service. If you have eclipse with WTP (Web-Tools Platform), you can
    > click New -> Other-> Web Services -> Web Service. This will open up a
    > dialog where you can select the Java Bean to be used as the interface.
    > Click OK, and Eclipse will create a new web services project with the
    > WSDL, stubs and the other housekeeping code. It will even prompt to
    > start a server to deploy the generated service :)
    >
    > You might want to include other libraries and projects to this project
    > for the code to work right (like the dependencies, etc.).

    Thanks for the advice. I found "WTP" on the net, after "Tomek" mentioned
    "STP" (which I still haven't yet investigated).

    It does seem WTP will achieve what I need (in fact much more I think) -
    although it doesn't really seem "intuitive" to use yet. I have managed to
    get a couple of do-nothing web-services compiled and installed under
    Tomcat, but sometimes when I try to create a web-service I get a "class not
    found" error.... probabaly some setup step or something I forget to perform
    on occasion.

    Thanks,

    Peter
    Peter K, Oct 2, 2007