    have the syntax

    regards,
    quad

    quad, Jan 15, 2007

  2. Someone asked:

    "where can i find a description of the edif format. www.edif.org doesn't
    have the syntax"

    I do not know where to obtain the official syntax. You may be willing
    to settle for the grammar in
    HTTP://Splish.EE.BYU.edu/download/edifparser/edif.jj
    but judging from "This page is no longer actively maintained" on
    HTTP://Splish.EE.BYU.edu/download/edifparser/edif_parser_download.html
    and "The main core of the EDIF tool was rewritten" from
    HTTP://reliability.EE.BYU.edu/edif/edifDownload.php and "Status Draft"
    on
    HTTPS://JavaCC.dev.Java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentView?documentID=44825&showInfo=true
    it might not be complete.

    Colin Paul Gloster, Jan 16, 2007

  3. Colin Paul Gloster wrote:

    > Someone asked:
    >
    > "where can i find a description of the edif format. www.edif.org
    > doesn't have the syntax"
    >
    > I do not know where to obtain the official syntax. You may be willing
    > to settle for the grammar in
    > HTTP://Splish.EE.BYU.edu/download/edifparser/edif.jj
    > but judging from "This page is no longer actively maintained" on
    > HTTP://Splish.EE.BYU.edu/download/edifparser/edif_parser_download.html
    > and "The main core of the EDIF tool was rewritten" from
    > HTTP://reliability.EE.BYU.edu/edif/edifDownload.php and "Status Draft"
    > on

    HTTPS://JavaCC.dev.Java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentView?documentID=44825&showInfo=true
    > it might not be complete.

    Having been a developer for JHDL in a past life, I can atest that it's
    EDIF parser worked pretty well in practice. Mostly it was used for
    reading in EDIF files generated from Xilinx & Synplicity tools. It was
    written primarily using a printed paper copy of the EDIF standard (as
    far as I know, the only want to obtain it is to purchase a printed
    copy) as reference.

    --
    Wesley J. Landaker <> <xmpp:>
    OpenPGP FP: 4135 2A3B 4726 ACC5 9094 0097 F0A9 8A4C 4CD6 E3D2

    Wesley J. Landaker, Jan 18, 2007