    something like Spreadsheet::WriteExcel for MS Word!

    Thanks in advance,

    Tony

    Tony, Aug 24, 2003

  2. In comp.lang.perl.misc Tony <> wrote:

    > I want to read and edit openoffice / staroffice writer documents. Does
    > anyone know of any modules for that?

    Native OpenOffice documents are XML, you might want to look at some of
    the XML modules on CPAN to assess their suitability to the task.

    /J\
    --
    Jonathan Stowe |
    <http://www.gellyfish.com> | This space for rent

    Jonathan Stowe, Aug 25, 2003

  3. Tony

    henq Guest

    "Tony" <> schreef in bericht
    > Hello,
    >
    > I want to read and edit openoffice / staroffice writer documents. Does
    > anyone know of any modules for that?
    >
    > Ideally, I would've liked a module for editing MS Word documents, but
    > win32::eek:le requires Windows, and I'm running Linux. I wish there were
    > something like Spreadsheet::WriteExcel for MS Word!
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Tony

    Don't know about open/star, but in MS Word you can save a document in RTF
    format. You can even change it's extrension from .rtf to .doc, the format
    will remain rtf.
    Use any templating technique to mongify the documents. Works for Excel too.

    ~henq

    henq, Sep 1, 2003