    language ?

    Thanks for your help folks...

    , Aug 29, 2006

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello folks,
    >
    > I'm scott, i would like to know what kind of things we can do with
    > language java for embarked softwares ? or is better use c++ or another
    > language ?

    Well, this is new to me so I'll ask. What's embarked software?

    Matt Humphrey http://www.iviz.com/

    Matt Humphrey, Aug 29, 2006

  3. Matt Humphrey <> wrote:

    > Well, this is new to me so I'll ask. What's embarked software?

    It's software written in a language that hasn't missed the boat :)

    (I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that OP meant "embedded".)

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Aug 29, 2006

    Hey dude, sorry for my english, i'm stupid, isn't embarked, is embedded
    software, i would like to know and have more information about embedded
    software with java, or is better use C++ or another language.

    Christopher Benson-Manica escreveu:

    > Matt Humphrey <> wrote:
    >
    > > Well, this is new to me so I'll ask. What's embarked software?

    > It's software written in a language that hasn't missed the boat :)
    >
    > (I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that OP meant "embedded".)
    >
    > --
    > C. Benson Manica | I *should* know what I'm talking about - if I
    > cbmanica(at)gmail.com | don't, I need to know. Flames welcome.

    , Aug 29, 2006
  5. "Christopher Benson-Manica" <> wrote in message
    > Matt Humphrey <> wrote:
    >
    >> Well, this is new to me so I'll ask. What's embarked software?

    > It's software written in a language that hasn't missed the boat :)
    >
    > (I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that OP meant "embedded".)

    I checked google and the term "embarked software" occurs in English on many
    sites as a real term, but usually when describing French or European
    software projects. (e.g.http://www.eca.fr/atha/pages/44.html ) I'm guessing
    it's a linguistic "false friend" and you're probably right that it means
    "embedded." This page contains a reference to a Portugese version of
    Wikipedia that suggests it means "Firmware"
    http://www.qwika.com/find/Firmware but in other places it also seems to mean
    "deployed" which better fits the English meaning of embarked.

    I'm hoping the OP will clarify.

    Cheers,
    Matt Humphrey http://www.iviz.com/

    Matt Humphrey, Aug 29, 2006

    In that case, try http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/embedded/

    Matt Humphrey http://www.iviz.com/

    Matt Humphrey, Aug 29, 2006
  7. Oliver Wong Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > Hey dude, sorry for my english, i'm stupid, isn't embarked, is embedded
    > software, i would like to know and have more information about embedded
    > software with java, or is better use C++ or another language.

    J2ME (Java 2 Micro Edition) is specifically designed for embedded
    software. J2ME is a seperate set of API compared to J2SE (Java 2 Standard
    Edition).

    You can read about it at http://java.sun.com/javame/index.jsp and
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J2ME

    - Oliver