embarked programming

richardscott.neves

Hello folks,

I'm scott, i would like to know what kind of things we can do with
language java for embarked softwares ? or is better use c++ or another
language ?

Thanks for your help folks...

Matt Humphrey

Hello folks,

I'm scott, i would like to know what kind of things we can do with
language java for embarked softwares ? or is better use c++ or another
language ?

Well, this is new to me so I'll ask. What's embarked software?

Matt Humphrey (e-mail address removed) http://www.iviz.com/

Christopher Benson-Manica

Matt Humphrey said:
Well, this is new to me so I'll ask. What's embarked software?

It's software written in a language that hasn't missed the boat :)

(I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that OP meant "embedded".)

richardscott.neves

Hey dude, sorry for my english, i'm stupid, isn't embarked, is embedded
software, i would like to know and have more information about embedded
software with java, or is better use C++ or another language.

Christopher Benson-Manica escreveu:

Matt Humphrey

Christopher Benson-Manica said:
It's software written in a language that hasn't missed the boat :)

(I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that OP meant "embedded".)

I checked google and the term "embarked software" occurs in English on many
sites as a real term, but usually when describing French or European
software projects. (e.g.http://www.eca.fr/atha/pages/44.html ) I'm guessing
it's a linguistic "false friend" and you're probably right that it means
"embedded." This page contains a reference to a Portugese version of
Wikipedia that suggests it means "Firmware"
http://www.qwika.com/find/Firmware but in other places it also seems to mean
"deployed" which better fits the English meaning of embarked.

I'm hoping the OP will clarify.

Cheers,
Matt Humphrey (e-mail address removed) http://www.iviz.com/

Oliver Wong

Hey dude, sorry for my english, i'm stupid, isn't embarked, is embedded
software, i would like to know and have more information about embedded
software with java, or is better use C++ or another language.

J2ME (Java 2 Micro Edition) is specifically designed for embedded
software. J2ME is a seperate set of API compared to J2SE (Java 2 Standard
Edition).

You can read about it at http://java.sun.com/javame/index.jsp and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J2ME

- Oliver