Enterprise Library deployment problem. Why needs to InstallUtil DLLs to the deployment server? If no

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Benny Ng, Oct 3, 2005.

  1. Benny Ng

    Benny Ng Guest

    Hi,All,
    When i deploy Enterprise library with my application ,i used XCOPY to
    deploy it into my test server. But when application runs, shown some error
    related registry. (But actually I haven't any method or component to wrote
    registry)

    After I used "InstallUtil" to registry Enterprise Library (those DLLs)
    to the deployment server, the application runs smoothly.

    Now I wonder why i need to registry those Enterprise Library DLLs into
    the server? and XCOPY not?

    ---The following is the register code-----
    @ECHO Installing Services for the Common Application Block

    if Exist Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.dll installutil %1
    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.dll

    @if errorlevel 1 goto :error

    @ECHO Installing Services for the Caching Application Block

    if Exist Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.dll installutil %1
    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.dll

    @if errorlevel 1 goto :error

    @ECHO Installing Services for the ConfigurationApplication Block

    if Exist Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.dll installutil
    %1 Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.dll

    @if errorlevel 1 goto :error

    @ECHO Installing Services for the Cryptography Application Block

    if Exist Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.dll
    installutil %1
    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.dll

    @if errorlevel 1 goto :error

    @ECHO Installing Services for the Data Access Application Block

    if Exist Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.dll installutil %1
    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.dll

    @if errorlevel 1 goto :error

    @ECHO Installing Services for the Exception Handling Application Block

    if Exist Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.dll
    installutil %1 Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.dll

    @if errorlevel 1 goto :error

    @ECHO Installing Services for the Logging and Instrumentation Application
    Block

    if Exist Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.dll installutil %1
    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.dll

    @if errorlevel 1 goto :error

    @ECHO Installing Services for the Security Application Block

    if Exist Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.dll installutil %1

    @ECHO InstallServices.bat Completed

    @ECHO.
    Benny Ng, Oct 3, 2005