Enterprise Localization Framework/Toolkit - AutoPopulate : Does it work poorly or not at all?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Eric, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Hi,

    I'm just looking into the samples that are delivered withthe Enterprise
    Localization Framework/Toolkit.
    I have set it up and it all works fine.

    But.. now i have a question.
    I read a post, from a Microsoft employee i belief, and he stated the following:

    >3) The AutoPopulate feature doesn't work as well as I
    >would like and there is a performance impact on the site
    >when compared to using just server controls (as stated in
    >#1).

    i did:
    Added in the appsettings a line:
    <add key="AutoPopulate" value="Toolkit" />

    Set the 'Toolkit' Application to UNLOCKED in the database.

    added a new Label on the default.asp page:
    <asp:label cssClass="label" text="AutoPopulate this." key="AutoP"
    runat="server" />

    Then i requested the page.
    I assumed it would then add the ElementKey 'AutoP' to the database for the
    'Toolkit' application.
    But it doesn't.

    What am i doing wrong?
    Does it even work?

    "doesn't work as well as I would like" :(
    Or not at all maybe?

    If anyone can give me a hand here please.
    Thank you.

    WHat is the official position of Microsoft on the Toolkit?
    In the mail he said that he put it together in his spare time.
    But it is available at the SDK section too, so are they planning an update?
    Or is it or is it going to be abandoned?

    Kind regards, Eric.
    Eric, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Hi Eric,

    I'm looking for someone to assist you in this specialized area. I'm hoping
    Todd can continue assisting with this. Please continue watching this thread.

    Thank you, Mike Moore
    Microsoft, ASP.NET

    --------------------
    > From: Eric <>
    > Subject: Enterprise Localization Framework/Toolkit - AutoPopulate : Does

    it work poorly or not at all?

    <5F$7cBL#>
    <379d01c2f974$7ff5c150$>

    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.a
    spnet.caching
    > Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 02:26:26 -0700

    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.caching:1327

    Mike Moore [MSFT], Aug 11, 2003

  3. Hi Eric,

    I found out that Todd is the person best suited to assist with your
    question. However, he's on vacation. Please check back on this thread in
    two weeks. If there is still no answer, please repost to bring this issue
    back to my attention. I apologize for the extended delay, but the
    localization framework is not officially supported.

    Thank you, Mike Moore
    Microsoft, ASP.NET

    --------------------

    Mike Moore [MSFT], Aug 13, 2003
  4. Hi Eric,

    Sorry for the long delay. Especially since, after this long delay, I don't
    have an answer for you. Luckily, I did find another resource you can try -
    please send your questions by e-mail to this address:
    .

    Good luck with your project.

    Thank you, Mike Moore
    Microsoft, ASP.NET