EnumerateSecurityPackagesW

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Hanz, Nov 24, 2004.

  1. Hanz

    Hanz Guest

    Hi I'm having a problem concerning an exception thrown
    can any one help me please? I researched a bit and the
    solutions aren't good (renaming a file/removing multiple
    IP Addresses). Is there a patch or something to solve
    this.

    Unable to find an entry point named
    EnumerateSecurityPackagesW in DLL security.dll.
    Exception Details: System.EntryPointNotFoundException:
    Unable to find an entry point named
    EnumerateSecurityPackagesW in DLL security.dll.

    http://www.aspmessageboard.com/forum/iispws.asp?
    M=687693&P=1

    http://www.error-
    bank.com/microsoft.public.dotnet.security/4135_Thread.aspx

    Hello,

    I just thought I'd post that I finally got this issue
    resolved (with the
    help of one of Microsoft's technical support
    representatives). It turns out
    that since my project has a DLL named "security.dll" it
    was getting confused
    with the Windows DLL named "security.dll". Once I
    renamed my DLL to
    "nngsecurity.dll" the problem went away and all was fine.

    I'm not sure why .NET gets confused and uses the
    incorrect DLL (the case
    study sent to me by the tech. rep. wasn't very helpful in
    explaining the
    underlying problem). I also don't know if it's a bug
    that will be resolved
    in a subsequent release of the .NET framework, but at
    least I'm working now

    (Note: find security.dll in your pc)

    http://www.adminlife.com/247reference/msgs/26/132116.aspx

    Another piece of information. I just found someone else
    who was having this
    issue.
    He claims he had a server with 2 IP addresses - one for
    the machine and one
    for the
    website. He removed the multiple IP addresses and the
    problem went way.
    Hanz, Nov 24, 2004

  2. Hanz

    Dan Rogers Guest

    Hi,

    Is there still an open question on this issue? Your message seems to
    indicate that you found the collision in the module level name and
    resolved the error.

    Regards

    Dan Rogers
    Microsoft Corporation