    The same code will work if it is ASPX files. Any ideas?
    Thanks.

    , Oct 4, 2005

  2. What's teh error description that goes along with that number? I don't have
    them memorized.

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Oct 4, 2005

  3. wrote:

    > I got this error -2147467259 (0x80004005) on my simple ASP file name
    > test.asp
    >
    > <%
    > Response.write "Hello, world."
    > %>
    >
    > The same code will work if it is ASPX files. Any ideas?
    > Thanks.

    Does this help?
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2413

    Have you enabled ASP in your server properties?
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2476

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Oct 4, 2005

    There is no futher description beyon the text '-2147467259
    (0x80004005)' on browser. It occurred on my Windows XP IIS 5.1. When a
    complex ASP file did not work, I decided to write a very simple ASP
    with just one line of code: Response.write 'Hello, world!' to test.
    The ASP.NET (ASPX extension) worked but traditional ASP 3.0 did not.

    It happened after I uninstalled beta version Dot Net 2, Visual Studio
    2005 and SQL 2005 from that machine.

    Something I need to deal with ASP.DLL and it related files.

    Ray Costanzo [MVP] wrote:
    > What's teh error description that goes along with that number? I don't have
    > them memorized.
    >
    > Ray at work

    , Oct 4, 2005