Error -2147467259 (0x80004005)

viet

I got this error -2147467259 (0x80004005) on my simple ASP file name
test.asp

<%
Response.write "Hello, world."
%>

The same code will work if it is ASPX files. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

What's teh error description that goes along with that number? I don't have
them memorized.

Ray at work

viet

There is no futher description beyon the text '-2147467259
(0x80004005)' on browser. It occurred on my Windows XP IIS 5.1. When a
complex ASP file did not work, I decided to write a very simple ASP
with just one line of code: Response.write 'Hello, world!' to test.
The ASP.NET (ASPX extension) worked but traditional ASP 3.0 did not.

It happened after I uninstalled beta version Dot Net 2, Visual Studio
2005 and SQL 2005 from that machine.

Something I need to deal with ASP.DLL and it related files.