error '80005000' , ldap, GetObject, Windows 2003

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by douglas sur, May 1, 2004.

  1. douglas sur

    douglas sur Guest

    I have a piece of asp code that runs fine on my windows 2000 server for over
    a year. We recently brought up a Windows 2003 server and the code seemed to
    work there for a while. Now the code has stopped working. I get a 80005000
    error on the GetObject method. The code has not changed at all during this
    time period. I have no idea what changes have been made to the Windows 2003
    server that could affect this.

    Here is the code snippet sans the comments and some error checking:

    vSQL = "SELECT AdsPath, cn FROM
    'LDAP://blah.blah.com:389/dc=xx,dc=xxx,dc=gov' WHERE objectClass='user' and
    userprincipalname='" & Request("txtUserName") & "'"
    Set rsLDAP = oConn.Execute(vSQL)
    if Not rsLDAP.EOF then
    Set usr = GetObject(rsLDAP.Fields("AdsPath").Value) <==THIS IS THE LINE
    THAT BLOWS UP
    Const ADS_UF_DONT_EXPIRE_PASSWD = &h10000

    etc.

    I greatly appreciate any information you can shed on this topic.

    --
    Douglas Sur

    douglas sur, May 1, 2004

  2. Hi,