    is happening?

    BTW, the error also occurs on another computer on the LAN. Could this be a
    conflict of some kind on the network?

    Chuck B, Dec 28, 2006

  2. On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 12:05:05 -0500, Chuck B wrote:

    > I just installed IIS 5.1 and Visual Studio 2003 with .NET 1.1.
    >
    > I'm having a problem starting an ASP.NET project. Everytime I select an
    > template from the IDE I get the above message.
    >
    > I set up a default.htm page and the IIS server appears to be working. It
    > just won't let me start a new VS project. Does anybody have a clue why this
    > is happening?
    >
    > BTW, the error also occurs on another computer on the LAN. Could this be a
    > conflict of some kind on the network?

    Check if asp.net is registered correctly
    --
    Bits.Bytes
    http://bytes.thinkersroom.com

    Rad [Visual C# MVP], Dec 28, 2006

  3. Chuck B

    Chuck B Guest

    "Rad [Visual C# MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 12:05:05 -0500, Chuck B wrote:
    >
    >> I just installed IIS 5.1 and Visual Studio 2003 with .NET 1.1.
    >>
    >> I'm having a problem starting an ASP.NET project. Everytime I select an
    >> template from the IDE I get the above message.
    >>
    >> I set up a default.htm page and the IIS server appears to be working. It
    >> just won't let me start a new VS project. Does anybody have a clue why
    >> this
    >> is happening?
    >>
    >> BTW, the error also occurs on another computer on the LAN. Could this be
    >> conflict of some kind on the network?

    > Check if asp.net is registered correctly

    If you're referring to aspnet_iisreg.exe I've tried that with no luck.

    Chuck B, Dec 28, 2006
  4. Chuck B

    Jon Paal Guest

    what do you mean by

    " It just won't let me start a new VS project"

    What "it" are you referring to ?

    Jon Paal, Dec 28, 2006
  5. On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 13:33:03 -0500, Chuck B wrote:

    > "Rad [Visual C# MVP]" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 12:05:05 -0500, Chuck B wrote:
    >>
    >>> I just installed IIS 5.1 and Visual Studio 2003 with .NET 1.1.
    >>>
    >>> I'm having a problem starting an ASP.NET project. Everytime I select an
    >>> template from the IDE I get the above message.
    >>>
    >>> I set up a default.htm page and the IIS server appears to be working. It
    >>> just won't let me start a new VS project. Does anybody have a clue why
    >>> this
    >>> is happening?
    >>>
    >>> BTW, the error also occurs on another computer on the LAN. Could this be
    >>> conflict of some kind on the network?

    >> Check if asp.net is registered correctly

    > If you're referring to aspnet_iisreg.exe I've tried that with no luck.

    Do you have any existing asp.net pages? Try viewing one of those. If you
    can view them then the issue is not IIS but Visual Studio

    Another thing to check is the proxy settings for IE. Sometimes their
    presence (or lack thereof) throws off Visual Studio

    Rad [Visual C# MVP], Dec 28, 2006
  6. Chuck B

    Chuck B Guest

    "It" would be a pronoun referring to the subject of the previous sentence.
    The usage of "It" in this context is common in English grammar used in the
    U.S. If English is a second or third language for you it might help to
    replace the word "It" with the words "IIS server". In that way the sentence
    might make more sense to you.

    Thanks.

    Chuck B, Dec 29, 2006
  7. Chuck B

    > On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 13:33:03 -0500, Chuck B wrote:
    >
    >> "Rad [Visual C# MVP]" <> wrote in message

    >>> Check if asp.net is registered correctly

    >> If you're referring to aspnet_iisreg.exe I've tried that with no luck.

    > Do you have any existing asp.net pages? Try viewing one of those. If you
    > can view them then the issue is not IIS but Visual Studio
    >
    > Another thing to check is the proxy settings for IE. Sometimes their
    > presence (or lack thereof) throws off Visual Studio

    Ok, I tried running an ASP.NET page as default.aspx and that didn't work. So
    I tried putting a link to an *.aspx page on a Default.htm page and the html
    page opens fine but when I click on the link for the ASP.NET page there's no
    reponse at all.

    Chuck B, Dec 29, 2006
  8. Chuck B

    Jon Paal Guest

    You're the one that's stuck looking for free help, so be as flippant as you want and I'm sure that you will get loads of no help.
    You got your code wrong and now you have your definitions wrong.

    "It" is not limited to the subject of the previous sentence. "It" is a pronoun used to represent an inanimate thing understood,
    previously mentioned, about to be mentioned, or present in the immediate context.

    Jon Paal, Dec 30, 2006
  9. Chuck B

    Guest

    Re: Error: 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'

    In the machine.config file try changing the username to "SYSTEM" for
    processModel tag.

    Chuck B wrote:
    > "Rad [Visual C# MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > > On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 12:05:05 -0500, Chuck B wrote:
    > >
    > >> I just installed IIS 5.1 and Visual Studio 2003 with .NET 1.1.
    > >>
    > >> I'm having a problem starting an ASP.NET project. Everytime I select an
    > >> template from the IDE I get the above message.
    > >>
    > >> I set up a default.htm page and the IIS server appears to be working. It
    > >> just won't let me start a new VS project. Does anybody have a clue why
    > >> this
    > >> is happening?
    > >>
    > >> BTW, the error also occurs on another computer on the LAN. Could this be
    > >> conflict of some kind on the network?

    > > Check if asp.net is registered correctly

    > If you're referring to aspnet_iisreg.exe I've tried that with no luck.

    , Jan 9, 2007