error insert into access from asp

tw

Scenario:
Error:
Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)
Operation must use an updateable query.

I have xp professional with iis6.

the folder is under wwwroot with asp file and mdb file.

Is there something with permission and LDB?

I have try everything with permission.

Help

/ tw

McKirahan

tw said:
Scenario:
Error:
Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)
Operation must use an updateable query.

I have xp professional with iis6.

the folder is under wwwroot with asp file and mdb file.

Is there something with permission and LDB?

I have try everything with permission.

Help

This worked for me on my Windows XP Pro PC running IIS 5.1:

1) Open Control Panel then click Folder Options then scroll to the
bottom and turn off "Simple File Sharing"

2) Open Windows Explorer, right-click on the database's folder, click
Properties, click on the (now revealed) Security tab then select Everyone
then click the "Write" checkbox the click "Apply".

Or is it a problem on a hosted page?