Insert error :: must be updateable?

jason

I am picking up the following error message which is strange as it has only
started happening since I have transferred servers:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005' Operation must use an
updateable query./admin/news1.asp, line 59

sql1 = "INSERT INTO [News]
(strDate,Department,Title,ShortDescription,strContent) VALUES (" & strDate1
& ",'" & strDepartment1 & "','" & strNewsTitle1 & "','" &
strShortDescription1 & "','" & strDescription1 & "')" Set rsnews =
data.execute(sql1) Set rsnews = Nothing

Ray at

Also, do not create a recordset when you delete. Just do

data.execute sql1
data.close
set data = nothing

Ray at work

Ray at said:
www.aspfaq.com

Ray at work

jason said:
I am picking up the following error message which is strange as it has only
started happening since I have transferred servers:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005' Operation must use an
updateable query./admin/news1.asp, line 59

sql1 = "INSERT INTO [News]
(strDate,Department,Title,ShortDescription,strContent) VALUES (" & strDate1
& ",'" & strDepartment1 & "','" & strNewsTitle1 & "','" &
strShortDescription1 & "','" & strDescription1 & "')" Set rsnews =
data.execute(sql1) Set rsnews = Nothing

jason

I inherited an entire backend from the previous developers and I am just
trying to stay afloat while moving servers :)) - Thanks!