    & ",'" & strDepartment1 & "','" & strNewsTitle1 & "','" &
    strShortDescription1 & "','" & strDescription1 & "')" Set rsnews =
    data.execute(sql1) Set rsnews = Nothing
    jason, Jul 18, 2003

  2. jason

    Ray at Guest

    www.aspfaq.com

    Ray at work

    "jason" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    > I am picking up the following error message which is strange as it has

    only
    > started happening since I have transferred servers:
    >

    > Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005' Operation must use an
    > updateable query./admin/news1.asp, line 59
    >

    > sql1 = "INSERT INTO [News]
    > (strDate,Department,Title,ShortDescription,strContent) VALUES (" &

    strDate1

    Ray at, Jul 18, 2003

  3. jason

    Ray at Guest

    Also, do not create a recordset when you delete. Just do

    data.execute sql1
    data.close
    set data = nothing

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Jul 18, 2003
  4. jason

    jason Guest

    I inherited an entire backend from the previous developers and I am just
    trying to stay afloat while moving servers :)) - Thanks!

    jason, Jul 18, 2003