Error message 401.3: You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials

Claudia Fong

I got this error after creating the virtual directory and trying to
access the webpage through wireless.. I had access before..but somehow I
don't have any more

does someone know how to resolve this issue?

Cheers!

Claudi

Jacques

Has AspNet and IUSR_machine still got access to the physical folder? The IUsr
guest account won't be able to access that directory otherwise?

Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
IIS is always bugging me with this crap!
go to your shared folder and right-click on it.
go into the security tab
in there, you have to add the users Jacques specified :
AspNet and IUSR_machine where machine is the name of your machine.
Make sure you give both read/write access to aspNet

and read only to IUSR_machine

Claudia Fong

yeah, done what it said, still no sucess.

The funny thing is that the same webpage I was able to access before..
and now It just won't open.. and I didn't change any settings apart from
the code in the aspx.cs files

Cheers!

Claudi

Jacques

Hmmm, I've had a good think and can't come up with anything. Sorry about
that. Hopefully someone else will have an answer and post it here.

Cheers
Jacques