Error on device when calling a web service

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Sacha Korell, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Sacha Korell

    Sacha Korell Guest

    I get the following error when calling a web service that returns a dataset
    with about 4000 records (one table, nine fields):

    A managed SocketException occured at Application::Run+0xf

    Could not find resource assembly

    Application::Run+0xf
    frmUpdateScanner::Main+0xd

    Ok to terminate

    I only get this error when I call the webservice from the device (Symbol
    Barcode Scanner running PocketPC). The same code works fine when I run it on
    the emulator.

    Thanks for any advice,

    Sacha
    Sacha Korell, Jul 9, 2003

  2. and by the way, transferring 4000 records will take to much time on pocket
    pc. And using dataset is not the best solution. I used another way and the
    speed was 8 times faster then dataset.

    Mohammad Abu Sharkh, Jul 10, 2003

  3. Hi,

    Try to use the IDE for deployment. All what you need to do is to run the
    solution. If it worked fine, it means you have a missing assembly in the cab
    files.

    Regards,
    Mohammad

    > Thanks for your reply!
    >
    > No I am not using the IDE, but create a CAB file and move it to the

    scanner

    Mohammad Abu Sharkh, Jul 11, 2003