Error starting debugging - not listed in VS help files

ssg31415926

I'm trying to debug a new web application and I get: "Unable to start
debugging on the web server. The Visual Studio 2005 Remote Debugger
service is unable to connect to this computer. Please see Help for
assistance."

I'm familiar with VS2005 for smart client development but I'm new to
ASP.NET. I've got VS2005 on my XP SP2 workstation. My user account is
a member of the domain groups LocalAdmins (which is a member of
Administrators on my workstation) and VisualStudioWebDevelopers (which
is a member of Administrators on the server). The Firewall is enabled
and I've followed the instructions here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];833977#E0ID0ACAAA
to create the exceptions. Also, I've done the DCOM change referred to
in this document.

I've got a Windows Server 2003 SP1 box (firewall disabled) running IIS6
with FPSE 2002, ASP1.1 and ASP2.0 Web Extensions 'Allowed' (and the
rest prohibited). I've installed the Remote Debugger on the server and
configured it to run as a service and use an account called
RemoteDebugger which is also in Administrators on the server.

If anyone can suggest anything else, I'd be grateful.

SSG

ssg31415926

May have fixed this. I created a new network account for the Debugger
and made it a member of Administrators on both my workstation and the
server and now I don't get the error.

However, now I get a 403. Oh, well, back to the manuals...

Wouldn't it be nice if, just once in a while, things just worked? I
mean not all the time. Life would get tedious. But just occasionally.
Blue-moon style.

SSG

ssg31415926

Not fixed at all. This morning, RDPing on from my laptop at home, I
got the above error message again. "Start without debugging" still
works thought. Weird.