Error The underlying connection was closed

RAJ

I am trying to consume a Web Service (developed using ASP.NET/VB.NET) using
a VB.NET application. I call the web service asynchronously as the
processing takes more than 2-3 minutes. However I get the following error
after the BeginXXX call:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occurred in
System.dll
Additional information: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected
error occurred on a receive.

I have to try consuming this web service 2-3 times before it finally works.
Both the web service and the application are run on the same machine (Win
2003 enterprise with .Net framework 1.1.4322)

The webservice goes through a database (SQL Server on the same machine) and
creates a large XML file (80MB). It is then downloaded by the consuming
application using the EndXXX call.

I also get the following message from Win 2003 when opening the XML file
using DOM object model:
Windows - virtual memory minimum too low: Your system is low on virtual
memory ....

At this point the machine becomes very slow and the processing of the file
is also affected.

Even after process is complete, it still seems to be very slow. I have to
restart the machine to recover all the memory.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks and regards

RAJ

Thnaks for your reply. I need to test this thoroughtly before I apply this
patch.
Regards