Error when i run my page

WStoreyII

i am getting the following error when i run my page
i know that it has something to do with the fact that i am running cassini
and not iis because i have windows xp home.
but i need to find a way around this so that i my run and test my web pages.

here is the error:
Server Error in '/' Application.
----

Configuration Error

in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 37: by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core profile
services for member sites.
Line 38: -->
Line 39: <authentication mode="Windows" />
Line 40:
Line 41:

Source File: C:\Asp\Pimp\web.config Line: 39

----
Version:1.1.4322.573

WStoreyII

thanks for all the help

Trevor Benedict R

The answer is in the Error Message itself. If you open IIS, right click
on any Virtual Directory, You will see a button called Create. If you
click this button an Application is created within which the ASP.NET
application will run. This is required because you have a web.config
file in this folder. Now find out how to achieve this in Cassini .

Regards,

Trevor Benedict R
MCSD

WStoreyII

Trevor,

I do appreciate you trying to help. But the answer is not in the error. If
you had actually read the post you would see that it says that i am having
this problem because I DO NOT HAVE IIS. And thanks to microshaft i can not
have it, unless i pay there stupid rate for win xp pro. So please read a
post through all the way before you respond.

Kevin Spencer

this problem because I DO NOT HAVE IIS. And thanks to microshaft i can
not
have it, unless i pay there stupid rate for win xp pro.

"microshaft" makes a FREE ASP.Net development toolkit called "Web Matrix"
which you can download from http://www.asp.net. It includes a FREE
ASP.Net-compatible web server. How dare they do such a thing? Still, I am
sure you can afford the "stupid rate" that they are charging for this
product.

Oh yes. "microshaft" is also making a number of light-weight versions of
Visual Studio.Net available for FREE:

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/

The B**tards!

--