Error while trying to run project: unable to start debugging on the web server

Matthew Louden

When I created ASP.NET application, I tried both VB.NET and C#:

Build | Rebuild Project is ok
But Debug | Start yields the following error dialog:

Error while trying to run project: unable to start debugging on the web
server. The web server has been locked down and is blocking the DEBUG verb,
which is required to enable debugging.

any ideas??

Alvin Bruney

This solution is already pounded into the ground. Googling for this reveals
that the offender is the urlscan.ini file with an absent DEBUG in the allow
verbs list