Executing ActiveX dlls from ASP.NET pages

Guest

I have a project that requires ASP.NET and ASP pages to execute a ActiveX dll.
The ActiveX dll contains a existing business logic.

The problem I am facing is that the ASP page is able to call the
dll using "CreateObject" method without any errors. But the logic
does not execute at all. I have tried calling the same dll from a Windows
application
and it works fine.

I tried assigning the dll with full control access for
the IUSR_<Computer Name> and SERVICE userids.
It only worked for a while and I am back to square one.

Is there any work around for this problem? Or I have to
rewrite the logics into the asp pages?

Bruce Barker

if the ActiveX dll is STA (say written in vb6), then you must set the page
aspcompat mode on. this forces page processing to use a single apartment
thead (at a performance cost). your other option is to host the dll in com+
(only option for a webservice, besides creating a thread and managing cross
thread calls).

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)